Monday, August 3, 2009

Bob Dylan - Paths of Victory

It was everything I could do to not post William Shatner's efforts on "Rocket Man." Don't ask. I'm sure you can figure it out.

But I wanna take care of this before I hit the sack.

My acquisition of "Watchmen" (thanks a lot for making me obsessed), its soundtrack, and doing all the research possible to figure out exactly what "The Times" was trying to say when he recorded it led me to what is to follow, but first...

I got promoted this morning. I am now a Corporal of Marines. Any of you familiar with the rank structure of USMC should be aware that this is where actual responsibility starts, and the "junior Marine don't know nothin'" excuse goes out the door.

And this is a direct quote from someone asking me what it's like to be a Corporal now:

"I've had my gripes about the Marine Corps, but I have them to thank for at least allowing me the opportunity to feel I've done something in life."

(Next formation run, I might turn this into a cadence.)

1 comment:

Craig said...

Good thing you're not a Lance Corporal, because that sounds totally gay.