Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jerry Reed - East Bound & Down

Last night I went to a show at the UCB theater here in LA, and saw a performance by the theater's creative director, Neil Campbell. He is a very funny performer and, according to friends who take classes at the theater, a very smart guy. More importantly, I believe he looks vaguely like Jerry Reed, Smokey & The Bandit's Snowman, and the dude who wrote the awesome soundtrack. It got me thinking about how much I love the film's theme song, so here it is the end.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Neil Campbell?!

Oh God... It's Lou. said...

Seems like almost everyone is pandering to me unintentionally these days... Giddy! This is obviously a film I was raised on, and what's better, it's on VHS, a recording from my father's time in Japan. Jackie Gleason's rants are that much more hilarious when they switch to Japanese mid-rant.

(Dan) said...

See - the U.S.A. isn't boring!

Craig said...

Wait, what? I had nothing to do with this, I swear.