Wednesday, January 13, 2010

James - White Boy

I'm not sure if these guys are considered on the right side of history or not -- until a couple days ago, I didn't know they existed, and that in spite of Lou.'s avatar from a while back (in the other place, for the outsiders). Anyway, I heard this track on the radio a few days back. It's from a post-reunion album released a couple years ago.

Comeback albums aren't supposed to be any good. (Though Dylan had a couple, and American IV gave Johnny Cash his first gold record in three decades. But I digress.) For all I know, this album isn't very good. But I dig this song. The "Yul Brynner" lyric is pretty great.

1 comment:

Oh God... It's Lou. said...

You know, you don't HAVE to pander to me. I'm just a guy like everyone else.

I gotta find my copy of "Laid" and blast it down the 5 this weekend.

And post that album cover in my post every week that I actually do get laid.

Because sex makes me a prideful person.