Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Flaming Lips -- Spongebob and Patrick Confront the Psychic Wall of Energy

Well, here is my first song. It is from The Spongebob Squarepants Movie. If you havent seen this movie, I would highly suggest it. People who dont watch the TV show, or even arent fans of the TV show have generally said they liked the movie. Also the soundtrack for the movie is great. I considered posting The Best Day Ever, but I was afraid that it was so positive that it might melt Tyler's face.

Anyway, as the Flaming Lips are one of my favorite bands, I figured this might be a good way to start. Also, the music video is good too, so that makes it more fun.

9 comments:

Whisk E. Bear said...

It is ... not a good video. The song does what it is supposed to do, I guess, which is be in a silly kids movie. Still, it's a decent band, and it's not ska, so you get an incomplete.

(Dan) said...

I thought it was a lot of fun.

Werdna said...

I liked it plenty. Nicely done Tom.

TomHat said...

The video is very reminiscent of their live performance (Rolling stone said Flaming Lips was the best live band of the entire 1990s. And I would agree with them.)

Sycophantman said...

I used to be a much bigger fan of the Flaming Lips, but once I digested At War With the Mystics I simply lost the desire to hear anymore from them. I had my fill, I suppose. I still enjoy the band well enough, but I guess I burned myself out.

Whisk E. Bear said...

(At War With The Mystics sucked. A ton.)

Craig said...

Also, that movie that they made?

TomHat said...

Has someone seen the christmas on mars movie? I was thinking of checking it out.

at war was ok, but some songs were stunningly terrible.

there was simply nothing that compared to songs like "Do You Realize?" or "Buggin" on At War with the Mystics.

Sycophantman said...

No, Mystics really didn't have many good songs at all, and their lead single was rather terrible. Soft Bulletin was the apex for them, and I fear that they will never approach that level again...

(I want to be wrong)