Friday, December 19, 2008

Daft Punk - Da Funk

First, Tyres, from "Spaced" (NSFW, there's one loud curse word at the end.)

It's Friday, so I'll send you clubbing with Tyres. I bought this album on the strength of seeing the video - it's a so-so album (pretty repetitive, even for electronic music) but it has some kickass songs on it, and this is one. It also happens to still be my all-time favorite video. There's about a million awesome things about it, but I think my favorite is that the music is completely diegetic.

8 comments:

Whisk E. Bear said...

You know what would have been an even better Daft Punk video? Any of the numerous incarnations of the "Daft Bodies" phenomenon on the YouTubes, because what this blog needs more of us is teenage girls in sports bras.

(Just kidding.)

((Not really.))

Whisk E. Bear said...

And I had actually managed to go my whole life without seeing this video. I do have a tremendous love for Daft Punk, but particularly Discovery/Interstella 5555. For you, Craig, I give this post Three Wes Unselds.

Craig said...

Hopefully the player, and not the coach, and definitely not the GM.

Homework is really not a great album, and I don't listen to electronica (do they still use that term?) at all, really, but I do really love this Spike Jonze-directed video.

Werdna said...

I had never seen this either. I liked it.

(Spike Jonze also did that Pharcyde video I posted a few weeks ago.)

Sycophantman said...

Wow, that video was great stuff. The music? ... Well. the video was really awesome. I loved the concept behind it.

TomHat said...

he shouldve turned his radio off imo.

Steve said...

Speaking of Spike Jonze/Pharcyde, I have the compilation of his videos DVD, and without a doubt Fat Lip's, What's Up Fatlip? is the best video, sorry about the for shit quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK_WfF6hf2E

(Dan) said...

I enjoyed this, and I also enjoyed learning a new Greek term for something I already knew about. Excellent.