Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Descendents - Get the Time

I wanted to go in one of two directions today... Addressing a half-drunk Dan by going with "31 Flavors" by the Shirelles, but it's not my place to try and steal the thunder of a genre already addressed in the past seven days. I try not to do that.

So I went with my occasional "song behind the song" schtick. This one is fun, because the band with the original, as usual, has just as much substance as the band that supposedly ripped the sound. Ok, scratch the supposedly part. This time, however, it's not a style and/or rhythm jack- the guitar melody itself is taken from one song and placed directly into the next, which turned out to be a "new" song on their greatest hits compilation.

Like with the Angels, I'll always listen to Social Distortion, but it's never going to be the same.

No comments: