Friday, June 25, 2010

Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man

So you've all been waiting with bated breath all morning for a post from me, and this is what you get. Jokes on you, suckers! Mostly I would like to apologize to Landon Donovan for thinking he was kind of a nancy. Forget the Algeria goal, the first goal against Slovenia was the tits.

One of the things that I really enjoy in this world is when (good) movies take innocuous and semi-famous pop songs and reappropriate them for sinister purposes. Probably the most famous modern example is "Stuck in the Middle With You" by Stealers Wheel. I'm also partial to the "American Girl" scene in Silence of the Lambs and this one, which figures fairly prominently in Zodiac, a film that I'd be willing to defend as one of the best of the aughts.

2 comments:

Werdna said...

Zodiac hugs are in order.

Whisk E. Bear said...

I still think he's a bit of a dandy, but he'll do.